DIY Fabric Lampshade Makeover
Update a plain lampshade into a custom accent for any room. Using leftover fabric and some glue, you can transform a lampshade in less than hour.
Transform a plan lampshade into a statement piece with this easy tutorial below.
- Measure circumference and the height of lampshade. Add one inch to circumference and three inches to length. Mark dimensions on fabric using a fabric marking pen.
- Cut fabric to measurements using scissors. Iron fabric to remove any wrinkles.
- With fabric flat on a work surface, wrong side down, fold over one inch on one of the short sides and adhere using fabric glue. This will be your finished "seam" on the lampshade.
- Spray the wrong side of the fabric with spray adhesive according to package instructions.
- Place lampshade on fabric, starting at the unfinished short edge and centering the height. Wrap fabric around, and smooth out wrinkles as you go. End with the finished edge from Step 3.
- Fold remaining fabric over the inside top of the lampshade and adhere using fabric glue. Repeat for the bottom of the lampshade.