A Pretty Patchwork Throw
How to Make It
- Cut one piece of fabric for the center.
- Cut squares large enough to go evenly all the way around the center.
- Measure and cut the border squares so they're even, or for a more modern look, vary the sizes by cutting rectangles in different lengths.
- With right sides facing, stitch all pieces together. Cut a 3-inch-wide length of fabric long enough to go all the way around the pieced top.
- Fold it in half and stitch it to the edge, using a 1/2-inch seam allowance.
- Cut backing fabric the same size as the throw front. With right sides facing, stitch the back to the front, leaving an opening for turning.
- Turn the throw right side out. Press and hand-stitch the opening closed.