Like comfort food, these rickrack-trimmed bed linens evoke memories of a simpler time.
- Flat top sheet and matching pillowcases
- Two packages of jumbo rickrack in each of three colors
- Two packages of medium rickrack in each of two colors
- Embroidery floss: two skeins each of five colors to match or contrast with rickrack
- Thread: any color (for basting)
1. Press the finished edges of the sheet and each pillowcase; press the rickrack.
2. Cut a length of each color of rickrack to the width of the sheet plus 1 inch. Cut two lengths of each color of rickrack long enough to go around the pillowcase.
3. Spacing the rickrack as desired, pin and baste the center of each length of rickrack to the sheet, folding each cut end under 1/2 inch. Repeat the pattern on each pillowcase.
4. Choose embroidery stitches to embellish each row of rickrack, and work in the colors of your choice.
5. When the stitching is complete, remove the basting.
Continued on page 5: Point-to-Point Pillow