What You Need
- 1/4 yard muslin (piecing foundations)
- 1/4 yard solid light green (blocks, border)
- 1/4 yard solid light turquoise (blocks, corner triangles)
- 7/8 yard green floral (blocks, borders, pillow backs)
- 1/8 yard each solid dark green, solid dark turquoise, and solid yellow (blocks)
- Polyester fiberfill
- 12 inches square and 12 x 22 inches
- Quantities are for 44/45-inch-wide, 100% cotton fabrics.
- Measurements include 1/4-inch seam allowances.
- Sew with right sides together unless otherwise stated.
Cut Your Fabrics
Cut pieces in the following order.
From muslin, cut:
1 6-inch square piecing foundation
1 5-x-16-inch piecing foundation
From solid light green, cut:
2 2-1/2-x-18-1/2-inch border strips
2 2-1/2-x-4-1/2-inch border strips
From solid light turquoise, cut:
2 5-inch squares, cutting each in half diagonally for 4 corner triangles total
From green floral, cut:
1 12-1/2-x-22-1/2-inch pillow back
2 2-1/2-x-22-1/2-inch border strips
1 12-1/2-inch-square pillow back
2 2-1/2-x-12-x-1/2-inch border strips
4 2-1/2-x-8-1/2-inch border strips
From solid dark green, solid dark turquoise, solid yellow, and scraps of solid light green, solid light turquoise, and green floral, cut:
12 6-inch-long strips in widths ranging from 3/4 inch to 1 1/2 inches
25 5-inch-long strips in widths ranging from 3/4 inch to 1 1/2 inches