Pretty Flower Pillow
Turn a blanket into an elegant pillow with applique.
continue reading below
Finished size is 16x44 inches
- Cut blanket to 37x47 inches.
- Trace the downloaded floral pattern onto fusible web according to manufacturer's directions.
- Fuse pattern to wool felt, and cut out shapes. Using the photo as a guide, center wool felt shapes horizontally on blanket piece; fuse in place.
- Topstitch wool felt shapes close to their outer edges with thread that matches.
- With the wrong side inside, fold blanket piece like an envelope, overlapping ends by 1 inch in the center back to accommodate a button closure. With 1/2-inch seam allowances, stitch pillow side seams; press.
- Topstitch 3/4 inch from outer edge around pillow. Add buttons and buttonholes at back overlap for closure.
- Insert pillow form.