Pretty Felt Butterfly Pillow
Create a pretty accent pillow with felt butterfly embellishments using our easy instructions.
- Computer, printer
- Scanner (optional)
- Butterfly image
- Spray adhesive
- Coordinating colors of wool felt
- Solid-color pillow with zippered cover
- Straight pins
- Sewing needle
- Matching sewing thread
- Find a butterfly image online or scan one from a book and print it the size you want.
- Apply spray adhesive to the back of the paper pattern. Place it adhesive side down on the felt and smooth to adhere; carefully cut it out.
- Remove the pattern and reuse it to cut the desired number of butterflies from each of the felt colors, reapplying adhesive as needed.
- For ease in attaching butterflies, open the pillow cover's zipper. Arrange the butterflies on the pillow front; pin in place.
- Hand-sew the butterflies to the pillow front with several straight stitches at the center of each body, leaving the wings free to add dimension. Zip the pillow cover closed.