Modern Chic Lampshade
Dressing up a plain-Jane lampshade is simple with screen-printing tools and paint. Add a chandelier with bling or try one of many other designs from Plaid's Simply Screen website.
Designed by Cathy Fillian
What you'll need:
continue reading below
- One lamp with round fabric shade
- Plaid Simply Screen pattern #98544 Chandelier
- Plaid Simply Screen paint #98500 New Black
- Jewel glue
- Dark and light silver rhinestones
- Following the manufacturer's instructions. Position the screen in the center of the lampshade. Squirt a 1/2-inch wide line of black paint across the top of the screen. Drag the paint over the screen using the squeegee. Lift the screen and rinse. Allow the paint to dry. Using jewel glue, attach the rhinestones to the shade to highlight the design.
- Attach the shade to the lamp base.