How to Make It
- Measure the perimeter of the pillow and cut a ribbon to that length plus 2 inches.
- To make the ribbon fringe, place the end of the perimeter ribbon under a sewing machine's presser foot and take a few stitches.
- Using additional ribbon, lay it perpendicular to the perimeter ribbon that's being stitched so that the ribbon extends 4 to 5 inches beyond both sides of the ribbon.
- Machine-stitch the ribbon loops to the perimeter ribbon.
- Continue stitching as you fold the ribbon back and forth to make loops along the length of the perimeter ribbon.
- After securing ribbon the length of the perimeter ribbon, fold the perimeter ribbon in half and stitch through to secure.
- Cut open the loops at an angle, and then hand-stitch the trim to the pillow edge.