Throw this pillow to the floor to make for comfy seating.
0 did it
What You Need:This floor pillow is bound to be the most popular seat in the house.
- 1 yard of Fabric B
- 3/4 yard of Fabric F
- 1 yard of Fabric G
- Air-soluble marking pen
- 36"-long metal zipper tape with pull (found by the yard at upholstery supply shops)
- 30 x 30 x 5" piece of high-density foam
- 9 x 2-1/2"-diameter covered buttons
- 9 x 1-1/8"-diameter covered buttons
- 5"-long hand-sewing needle
- Upholstery thread
continue reading below
- All measurements include 1/2-inch seam allowances unless otherwise noted. The finished cushion measures 30 inches square.
- Cut the Fabric: From Fabric B, cut one 31 x 31-inch square for the top panel. From Fabric G, cut one 31 x 31-inch square for the bottom panel.
- Beginning 7-1/4-inch from each outer edge, mark the button placement on the right side of the fabric on each panel. Mark the center button placement at the center of each panel. Taper the four corners on each panel.
- From Fabric F, cut one 30-1/4 x 6-inch strip for the front boxing strip, two 28-1/4 x 6-inch strips for the side boxing strips, and two 34-1/4 x 4-inch strips for the zippered boxing strips.
- Begin Sewing: Slide the zipper pull onto the zipper tape. Press one long edge of each zippered boxing strip under 1 inch to the wrong side. Beginning and ending 1/2-inch from the ends and with right sides facing and raw edges aligned, sew the zipper to the pressed edges of the zippered boxing strips.
- With right sides facing and raw edges aligned, sew a side boxing strip to each short edge of the zippered boxing strip, being careful when stitching through the zipper tape. Press the seams open. With right sides facing and raw edges aligned, sew the front boxing strip to each short edge of the side boxing strips to make a loop. Press the seams open.
- Slip the foam into the pillow cover through the zipper opening. Follow the manufacturer's instructions to assemble nine 2-1/2-inch-diameter covered buttons with Fabric B and nine 1-1/8-inch-diameter covered buttons with Fabric G.
- Using a doubled length of upholstery thread and a 5-inch-long hand-sewing needle, attach the large covered buttons to the top and the small covered buttons to the bottom of the cushion at the markings to make nine tufts.