Wood-Slice Watercolor Coasters
The best way to protect your tabletop is to give your guests someplace stylish to set down their drinks. These DIY watercolor coasters are so cute, and the thick wood slices provide durable protection against damaging water rings. After you make a set for yourself, keep the fun going and make a set to gift!
What You'll Need:
- Food coloring
- Stir stick
- Paper towels
- Wood slices
- Clear protective finish
- Self-adhesive felt pads
- Add a few drops of food coloring to ½ cup of water. Stir until mixed. Make several colors, if desired.
- Dip paper towels into water.
- Drip color onto wood slices.
- Add more colors, if desired. Let dry.
- Apply clear protective finish with paintbrush. Let dry.
- Add self-adhesive felt pads to underside.