DIY Twig Lamp
A lamp kit and a sweep through the backyard to collect twigs are all you need for this natural lamp.
Upload your photo here.
Keep this look natural by leaving the twigs as is; add a contemporary flair by spray-painting the twigs before you make the lamp.
Materials & Tools
- 15-20 twigs (bundle with twine to keep them relatively straight and let dry for a month before using)
- Three rubber bands
- Threaded metal rod
- Crafts glue
- Pruner or utility knife
- Wood round with precut hole in center
- Electrical lamp kit
- Felt pads or plastic "buttons"
- Hold the twigs around the metal rod with rubber bands.
- Wrap and glue twine around the twigs; let dry.
- Use the pruner to cut the twigs to the desired height; remove the rubber bands.
- Glue the twigs to the wood round with crafts glue.
- Cut the twig scraps into small pieces and glue them around the base of the twigs.
- Install the lamp kit; run the cord through the rod. Apply felt pads to the bottom of the wood round so there's space for the cord under the lamp.
- Top with the shade.