Creative Pillow Designs Using Bleach
For a fun-loving finish, here's one time you'll use bleach on bright colors -- on purpose!
How to Make It
- Start with a throw pillow with a removable, white cover (or use white pillowcases or shams for a bed ensemble).
- Following the manufacturer's instructions, dye the pillow cover and a test swatch the desired color using fabric dye.
- To create the pattern, choose a stamp with a simple design that looks like a line drawing.
- Apply gel bleach to the stamp using a foam brush, and stamp the dyed fabric where you want to place the design; test this process on the test fabric.
- Let the bleach lighten the fabric color to the desired effect, and then wash it out under cold running water.