- Black silk string; needle; scissors
- Small blue pleated lampshade
- 80--4 mm light purple glass beads
- 44--6 mm disk-shape clear crystal beads
- 10--12 mm bumpy purple glass beads
- 20--4 mm square clear crystal beads
1. Knot silk string and begin sewing. Hide the knot between the blue shade and the white frame. Slide on beads at every inch and tack the beaded string to the outside of the shade until the shade is encircled.
2. For each beaded tassel, knot the silk string and place one 6 mm disk, one bumpy purple bead, and one 4 mm square bead. Attach the tassel to the shade by stitching between the shade and frame. Continue moving the needle between the layers, spacing stitches approximately 1 1/2 inches apart. Knot the thread and cut off any excess. Repeat the process until all tassels are evenly attached around the base of the lampshade.
Continued on page 2: Golden Lampshade