Cost: $15 for coat hooks, $40 for storage bins, $20 for bulletin board.
Time: An afternoon.
Skill Level: Beginner.
Keep chaos from infiltrating your home by converting your entrance into a locker room, outfitted to organize the paraphernalia for your family's interests.
- Use shelves with appropriate-size storage bins for sports equipment and outdoor clothing.
- If you don't have built-in shelves, place storage containers along the base of a wall or on freestanding shelves.
- Remember to allow space for muddy shoes to dry.
- Give each child their own shelf or bin to store backpacks and school papers.
- Install wall hooks, assigning one or two to each family member.
- Finally, set up a bulletin board in this area to keep track of everybody's events.