Perk up any bulletin board with these decorative pushpins. Add small items such as charms, buttons, or shells to the top of pushpins for a handcrafted appeal.
Banish boring bulletin boards with these high-style decorative pushpins. Each pin sports a topper -- a metal charm, button, or shell -- that gives it a unique look. Use them to post daily chores or to hang a poster. Or, do as we did and create stunning decorative accents by grouping your pins in small embellished tins.
See below for complete instructions for crafting this project.
- Select 12 small coordinating toppers that are slightly larger than the head of an aluminum pushpin. If aluminum pushpins are not available, use clear plastic ones.
- For buttons, cut the shanks from the back using wire cutters or heavy-duty scissors. If needed, sand the back to make it perfectly smooth.
- Glue the embellishments to the tops of the pushpins using industrial-strength glue such as E6000. Let the glue dry overnight or longer.
- Paint or wrap a small box to match the pushpins. Add ribbons, strips of paper, or other decorations to the box tops. Cut a piece of plastic foam to fit snugly inside the box and glue it in place. Make sure it is shallow enough to accommodate the pushpins when the lid is in place.
- Cover the top of the plastic foam with matching decorative paper and glue it in place. Stick the pushpins into the plastic foam.