- Assorted flowers
- Floral tape
- 1/2-inch ribbon
- Wire cutter
- Pencil or small dowel
- 2 pearl-headed corsage pins
1. When assembling a corsage, keep in mind that there is a top, middle, and bottom portion. Cut the stems for the top portion down to 1 inch and attach 22-gauge wire to each flower stem. Wrap what will be the top flower in your design with floral tape, beginning at the blossom base.
2. Continue wrapping down the stem, adding and wrapping in the blossoms, filler flowers, and any special elements you would like to include. When you complete the top portion, all floral elements will have been wired into one stem.
3. Create a bow from 1/2-inch ribbon and secure the center of the bow with 22-gauge wire. Add the bow to the middle portion of the wrapped bundle directly under the flowers. Set it aside.
4. The bottom portion of the corsage contains the larger dominant flowers. Cut the stems of these flowers down to 2- to 3-inch lengths, and wire each element. Add and tape the filler flowers and special elements to the bottom portion as you did for the corsage top.
5. Combine the top and bottom elements as follows. Hold the top section in your hand and bend the elements so that the holes and spaces are filled between the flowers and the bow. Add the bottom portion below the bow, stems running in the same direction, and position the flowers by bending the wires until you are pleased with the design.
6. When you are satisfied with the placement of the flowers and special elements, wrap sections together with floral tape to create one unit.
7. Give the corsage a decorative touch by coiling the stem around a pencil or small dowel to create a spiral effect. Add two pearl-headed corsage pins for attaching the corsage to the garment.