- Orchid and marbled-white vellum
- Scallop-edge scissors
- Size 20 chenille needle
- Ribbons: 7-millimeter-wide deep-rose silk ribbon, 4-millimeter-wide coral, pink, and dusty-rose silk ribbons
- Tacky crafts glue
- Gelly Roll permanent metallic-ink pen
- Potpourri, birdseed, or wildflower seeds
1. Download the free pattern for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Cut the orchid and marbled-white vellum into 4-1/2-inch squares (one square for each cone). Using the scallop-edge scissors, trim two adjacent edges of the marbled-white vellum squares and one edge of the orchid vellum squares.
3. Lay one orchid vellum square on top of one marbled-white vellum square. Thread an 18 inch length of deep-rose silk ribbon onto a chenille needle, and take a 1/4-inch stitch through both of the vellum layers approximately 1-1/2 inches below the center top point as shown in Diagram 2. Pull the ribbon so that each tail is the same length. Keep the ribbon on the needle.
4. Turn the vellum squares over so that the marbled-white side faces up and the two scalloped edges of the marbled-white square are at the top.