Vintage Wedding Album
Keep wedding memories alive in this delightful wedding album.
What You Need:Make a photo album more personal by creating one that fits your wedding memories.
- 2 9-1/2 x 12-inch rectangles of heavy cardboard
- Anaglypta wallpaper
- Spray adhesive
- Crafts glue
- 4-1/2 x 11-inch sheets of patterned scrapbook paper
- Scissors: straight-edge; large, medium, and small scallop-edge
- Small hole punch
- 9-1/2 x 11-1/2-inch sheets of white album paper
- 1 1/4 yards of 1/2-inch-wide white ribbon
- Vintage wedding photo
- Crinkle wire
- Black calligraphy pen
continue reading below
- Cut two 11-1/2 x 14-inch rectangles of wall paper using the straight-edge scissors. Working on a covered surface, lightly spray one side of a cardboard rectangle with adhesive. Center and smooth a wallpaper rectangle onto the cardboard.
- Fold the wallpaper edges to the back, mitering the corners and gluing in place. Spray a light coat of adhesive on the wrong side of a sheet of scrapbook paper. Center and smooth the paper onto the back of the cardboard rectangle, covering the edges of the wallpaper. Repeat for the back album cover.
- To assemble the album, use the hole punch to make two holes in the front cover, 1/2 inch from the left edge and 2 1/2 inches from the top and bottom edges. Repeat for the back cover and the sheets of album paper. Place the paper between the album covers, aligning the holes.
- Thread the ribbon ends through the holes and tie a bow. Use the medium scallop-edge scissors to cut a 7-1/2 x 8-inch rectangle of scrapbook paper. Center and glue the paper on the front cover.
- Make a color copy of an old wedding photo that measures about 3-1/4 x 4-1/2 inches. Use the small scallop-edge scissors to trim the edges of the photo. Mount the photo on scrapbook paper. Use the medium scallop-edge scissors to trim the scrapbook paper just beyond the edges of the photo.
- Mount the scrapbook rectangle on wallpaper. Use the large scallop-edge scissors to trim the wallpaper just beyond the edges of the scrapbook paper. Use the hole punch to make a hole centered in each large scallop.
- Cut several lengths of crinkle wire to frame the photo in a diamond shape. Glue the wire behind the center top, sides, and bottom of the layered papers. Use a black calligraphy pen to write the title of the album on scrapbook paper. Trim with the small scallop-edge scissors.
- Arrange and glue all elements onto the front cover.