Porcelain Nosegay Wedding Favors
Make wedding favors out of bouquets of dainty porcelain flowers wrapped in pretty pastel papers.
What You Need:Share these beautiful nosegays with your guests.
- Miniature porcelain flowers (the flowers are sold in bunches of six to eight of a single color; you will need a total of 14 flowers in assorted colors for each bouquet)
- Mulberry paper in the color(s) of your choice
- Green florist's tape
- Rotary cutter and self-healing cutting board
- 2-1/2-inch-wide bias-cut ribbon
- Printed vellum and deckle-edge scissors
- Gelly Roll permanent metallic-ink pen in the color of your choice
- White thread or white 5mm sheer ribbon
- Size 3 ribbon-embroidery needle
- Disassemble the bunches of porcelain flowers and combine assorted colors of flowers into bouquets of 14 flowers each. Wrap the stems together with florist's tape.
- Using a rotary cutter, cut the bias-cut ribbon into pieces that are 18 inches long (one piece for each nosegay).
- Cut the vellum paper into 1-1/2-inch squares and cut the edges using deckle-edge scissors. Rotate the squares, and write the couple's names or your message in the center of the paper using a metallic-ink pen.
- Stitch a 3- to 4-inch-long piece of white thread or ribbon through the top corner of the vellum, and leave the ends untied.