These tissue paper turtles will provide hours of competitive fun in the sun.
1. Apply glue stick to the entire back of the paper plate. Place the lightest color of tissue paper over the glue, smoothing out any air bubbles with your fingers.
2. Tear shapes out of contrasting colors of tissue paper. Apply glue stick over sections of the base color and lay the shapes onto the glue.
3. Cut out four feet, a head, and a tail from crafting foam. Glue the ends of the foam features onto the rim of the undecorated side of the plate. When held upright, the toes of the turtle¿s feet should touch the ground. Let dry.
4. Glue sequin eyes and nostrils to the head. With a pencil point, pierce a hole 2 inches below the plate rim in the center of the turtle¿s back.
5. Tie one string end around the bottom of a tree trunk or chair leg, 1 foot above the ground or floor. Thread the string through the hole in the turtle¿s back. Hold the end of the string in your hand and jiggle it up and down to get your turtle to walk on his feet all the way to the tree or chair. Play side by side with a friend to see whose turtle is faster.