- Fold a blue print 4-x-34-1/2-inch strip in half lengthwise with wrong side inside; press.
- Open and fold long edges into center; press. Refold in half and press. Topstitch 1/8 inch from outer edges to make a strap.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make a second strap.
- Fold one blue-and-green print 14-1/2-x-16-1/2-inch rectangle in half lengthwise with wrong side inside to make an 8-1/4-x-14-1/2-inch pocket rectangle; press. Repeat with remaining blue-and-green print rectangle to make a second pocket rectangle.
- Referring to Diagram 2, with right sides together, layer a green print 14-1/2-x-20-1/2-inch lining rectangle and a pocket rectangle. Place a 10-1/4-x-14-1/2-inch batting rectangle under the layered pieces; pin all layers together.
- Referring to Diagram 2, pin ends of a strap to the bottom edge of layered pieces, leaving 4 inches between strap edges.
- Place a pin on each side of strap 10 1/4 inches from bottom edge. Beginning at bottom edge of layered pieces, topstitch one side of strap up to the pin marking 10 1/4 inches; remove pin, sew across strap, and topstitch back down to bottom edge. Repeat with remaining side of strap to complete one bag unit.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 to make a second bag unit.
6. Layer bag units' with right sides together; pin. Pin loose portion of straps in place to prevent catching them in stitching. Join units around all edges, leaving a 5-inch opening at top center for turning (Diagram 3). Press seams open.
7. To shape flat bottom for bag, at one corner match bottom seam line to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 4). Measuring 2 inches from point of triangle, draw a 4-inch-long line across triangle. Sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric. Repeat with remaining bottom corner of bag, and both corners of green print lining.
8. Turn bag right side out through opening and finger-press seams. Slip-stitch lining opening closed. Insert lining into bag.