- 9-x-15-inch piece of cream felted wool for applique foundation and heart backing
- 2-1/4-x-10-inch strips of teal felted wool for heart applique
- 4-inch square of mint green felted wool for leaf appliques
- Scraps of gold, periwinkle, dark periwinkle, burgundy, and rose felted wool for flower appliques
- Perle cotton No. 8: green, periwinkle, rose, gold, and cream
- 10 inches of cream 1/8-inch-diameter cording
- Glass beads: three 1/4-inch-diameter and one 5/8-inch-diameter
- Freezer paper
- Glue stick
- Polyester fiberfill
Finished heart ornament: 6 5/8 x 7 1/2 inches
To felt wool, machine-wash it in a hot-water-wash, cool-rinse cycle with a small amount of detergent; machine-dry it on high heat and steam-press.
It is not necessary to add seam allowances when cutting out the applique pieces. Since felted wool doesn't ravel, there are no edges to turn under. Cut the edges cleanly, keeping them as smooth as possible.
Download the free patterns for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
Continued on page 2: Freezer Paper