Designed by Cathie Filian
continue reading below
What you'll need:
- Huck cloth (1/2 yard)
- Plaid Simply Screen pattern #98575 Retro Elements
- Plaid Simply Screen paint #98515 Apple-Tini and #8520 French Roast
- Scrap fabrics
- Fusible webbing
- Scissors, sewing machine, thread
- Embroidery floss, needle
- Following manufacturer's instructions, screen-print the circle patterns onto the huck cloth in a random pattern. Begin by positioning a screen and squirting paint across the top. Drag the paint over the screen using a squeegee. Lift the screen, rinse, and repeat elsewhere on the towel. Allow the paint to dry; then heat-set with a dry hot iron.
- Iron fusible webbing to the back of scrap fabric. Cut a simple monogram from the fabric. Peel the paper backing and position the monogram on the screened fabric. Using a dry, hot iron, adhere the applique. Using a satin stitch, sew around the outer edge of the monogram.
- Hem all raw edges of the fabric and add decorative strips to the bottom of the towel by sewing on coordinating fabric.
- Include more details by sewing ribbons across the bottom and top, making a loop at the top to create a hanger. Sew buttons to the center of the printed circles and onto the ribbons using embroidery floss or regular thread.