- Denim or twill (white, rose)
- Prequilted fabrics (blue, yellow, olive)
- Fabric paints
- Stamps: Hydrangea, mum, gerbera, daisy, kalanchoe
- For the dog cushion cover, mix squares of white denim and prequilted fabrics. First cut the denim and prequilted fabrics into 7-1/2-inch squares, which includes 1/2-inch seam allowances.
- Stamp the denim squares, using a different paint color for each kind of flower. Create a layered look by overlapping the stamps, letting each layer dry before applying the next.
- Work on a covered surface, and let some of the stamps overlap the edges of the denim. Sew enough squares together to cover the top of the cushion, and add a bright border. Note: If you aren't re-covering an existing dog bed, consider using a worn sofa cushion. Or cover large slabs of foam with thick quilt batting for the base.
- From prequilted fabric, cut a bottom to match the pieced top, and cut and piece a boxing strip (for the sides). Continue by following Boxed Wrap instructions.
Continued on page 2: Boxed Wrap Pillow