- Download our free fish pillow sewing patterns, below.
- Trace pattern pieces and cut out. Cut out fleece pieces according to patterns. Layer the tail and fin pieces and topstitch together. Layer stripes onto the fish body and topstitch. Topstitch the mouth and eyes in place. Detail the eyes with straight stitches and a French knot in the eye center.
- Pleat the straight end of each side fin and topstitch the side fins to the fish body. Stitch top and bottom fins and tail to the body. Layer the body pieces with right sides together. Stitch the body pieces together, leaving an opening for turning. Clip seams as necessary. Turn right side out.
- Fill fish with batting. Stitch the opening closed.
Download free sewing patterns for the fish pillow.
- Download our free bird pillow sewing patterns, below.
- Trace pattern pieces and cut out. Cut out fleece according to the pattern pieces. Layer wing pieces and topstitch together. Topstitch the wing pieces to the body. Topstitch the felt circle eyes to the body.
- Work a single crochet around the cabone rings with black pearl cotton. Hand-stitch the cabone rings to the felt eyes. Topstitch beak pieces to the body. With right sides together, stitch gusset to each body piece and stitch the body pieces together, leaving an opening for turning and smaller opening to insert tail. Clip the seams as necessary and turn right side out.
- Fill with batting. Stitch the larger opening closed.
- To make tail loops, cut 1-inch-wide fleece strips to desired length. With two times as much cording length as fleece strips, place cording lengthwise on right side of fleece. Stitch fleece lengthwise with a narrow seam, keeping cording free. Secure cording to fleece where extra cording is exposed. Turn fleece to right side over extra cording. Make loops for tail. Fold ends into loops to hide and secure to bird with hand stitches.
Download our free sewing patterns for the bird pillow.