- Lay jumbo rickrack flat onto purchased blanket about 1 1/2 inches from the outside edge and pin in place.
- Using two strands of embroidery floss, hand-stitch rickrack in place by taking a stitch across the center, from the outside to the center of the trim, creating another zigzag line with the thread.
- Personalize with the baby's name by using letters printed from computer print.
- Print out in desired size and pin in place onto corner of blanket.
- With a sewing machine, use the darning foot and lower the pressure on the presser foot so you guide the machine stitching around the letters. Straight-stitch around each letter through both thicknesses of the fleece blanket.
- Using sharp, pointed scissors, carefully cut through only the top layer of fleece, cutting very close to the stitching line, to remove the top layer of fabric from inside the letters. The bottom layer of contrasting colored fabric should now be exposed, spelling out the baby's name.
Continued on page 2: