- New full-size dinner napkin
- 1-foot length of beaded fringe per purse
- Needle and matching thread
- Straight pins
- Matching beads (for the handle)
- Sew-on snap
- 24-gauge wire
1. To make a vertical purple and gold purse, fold the napkin in half, right side out. The folded edge will become the top of the purse. Fold the napkin in thirds menu-style, then tuck one napkin end inside the other. 2. To make a green and cream purse, fold napkin in thirds menu style. The open flap will fall along the bottom edge of the purse. Fold the napkin in thirds again. Tuck one napkin end inside the other. 3. To finish the purse, cut the beaded fringe to span the bottom edge of the purse. Tuck the binding of the fringe up inside the bottom of the purse and then pin the bottom edge closed. Use the needle and thread to stitch the side and bottom edge closed. Sew a snap to the inside top of the purse. Cut a 7-inch-long piece of wire and then loop one end into a circle. Thread the wire with beads and then loop the other end. Position the looped handle ends inside the bag and then stitch them in place.
4. For a gold-on-gold envelope purse, fold the napkin in thirds, right side facing out. Fold the bottom open end of the napkin up 4 to 5 inches (just over two thirds of the way) and then pin the sides together. Use the needle and thread to stitch the sides closed. Cut the beaded fringe to span the top edge. Tuck the fringe binding down into the top of the napkin, pin, and stitch the top edge closed. Fold the top flap down over the purse. Stitch one side of the snap to the underside of the top flap and the other side onto the top of the purse.