Cute Spring Apron
Start with a purchased apron or make your own, then add the screen-printed butterfly appliques.
Designed by Cathy Fillian
What you'll need:
continue reading below
- One apron (purchased or handmade)
- Scrap fabrics (light colors)
- Plaid Simply Screen pattern #98548 Butterfly Elements
- Simply Screen paint #98515 Apple-Tini, #98525 Penny, and #98510 Oasis
- Fusible webbing
- Scissors, pins, sewing machine, needle, thread
- Embroidery floss
- Following the manufacturer's instructions, screen-print the flowers and butterflies onto scrap fabric by positioning the screens on the scrap fabrics. Squirt a 1/2-inch wide line of paint across the top of the screen. Drag the paint over the screen using the squeegee. Lift the screen and rinse. Allow the paint to dry.
- Iron fusible webbing to the back of the screened scrap fabrics. Cut around the screened image (leaving enough room for stitching). Peel the paper backing and position the appliques on the apron. Using a dry, hot iron, adhere them to the apron. Machine-stitch around the outer edge of the appliques in a satin stitch.
- Add additional decorations to the apron by sewing ribbons to the ties or upper bib area. Make small ribbon bows and hand-stitch them over the appliques with embroidery floss.