Cute Shoe Flowers
Turn ho-hum shoes into favorite footwear with fantasy flowers made from torn fabric strips and covered buttons.
continue reading below
Assemble Shoe Flowers
- Tear assorted print scraps into one 1-1/4x16" strip and one 1x16" strip. Cut a 1-1/2"-diameter circle from striped scrap.
- Using a running stitch, gather one long edge of 1-1/4x16" strip into a circle with center as tight as possible; knot off to make a large ruffle. Turn under overlapping short ends and secure in place on wrong side of ruffle; knot off. For 1x16" strip, repeat gathering and overlapping of short ends to make a small ruffle.
- Place a small dab of glue at right-side center of large ruffle. Centering small ruffle right side up over large ruffle, press in place. Allow glue to dry.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, cover button using striped circle. Place small dab of glue at center of small ruffle. Press button in place to complete flower; allow glue to dry.
- Glue flower to shoe. Or, if desired, glue flower to shoe clip blank, then attach to shoe.
- Repeat to make a second flower.