Cute Pumpkin Pincushions
Make a funny face pumpkin pincushion for the whole year round.
Upload your photo here.
What you'll need:
- Freezer paper
- Felt: 6x10-inch rectangle of moss green, two 7x8-inch rectangles of dark orange, 6x10-inch rectangle of orange, and scraps of red, ivory, and gold
- #8 pearl cotton: white, black, and green
- Beans or rice to weight bottom (optional)
- Polyester fiberfill
- Embellishments for stems: cloth tape measure, golf tee, and artificial flowers
- Crafts glue
- Card stock
- Buttons in various sizes for eyes
- Embellishments for noses, such as a checker, bingo marker, or die
Position the freezer paper, shiny side down, over the patterns. Trace the patterns the number of times indicated. Cut out the shapes on the traced lines. Using an iron, press a freezer-paper shape, shiny side down, onto the front of the respective fabric; let cool. Cut out the shape along the pattern edges. Peel off the freezer paper.
With right sides together and using a 1/4-inch seam allowance, sew the fronts to the backs, leaving an opening at the top of each pumpkin for turning; turn right side out. Stuff with fiberfill. Hand-sew the openings closed, leaving 1/2-inch openings to insert the stems.
For the tape-measure stem, cut two 2-1/2-inch lengths from the tape measure. Glue a 1/4x2-1/2-inch strip of card stock between the two lengths.
For the artificial-flower stem, tie a small bunch of flowers and leaves with a length of pearl cotton. Glue each stem in place.
Sew buttons in place for eyes. Glue the noses in place.