1. Referring to Diagram 1, below, center an interfacing C piece atop the wrong side of the canvas A piece, leaving 1/2 inch of canvas exposed around the outer edges; pin. Note: The interfacing pieces are cut smaller than the canvas pieces to reduce bulk in the seam allowances and to make it easier to shape the sides of the clutch.
2. Sew 1/4 inch inside the edges of the interfacing to make a front interfacing unit.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to sew the remaining interfacing C piece atop the wrong side of the canvas B piece to make a back interfacing unit.
4. Referring to Diagram 2, align the front interfacing unit, canvas side down, atop the wrong side of the green floral A piece; pin. Machine-baste 1/4 inch from the outer edges to make the clutch front.
5. Repeat Step 4 to sew the back interfacing unit atop the wrong side of the green floral B piece to make the clutch back.
Continued on page 3: Assemble and Add the Tab