What You Need:
- 5/8 yard of brown imitation suede fabric
- 5/8 yard of plaid fabric
- 1-1/3 yards of Timtex interlining fabric
- One pair of burnt honey acrylic handles
- Cut the lining for the large tote referring to Cut the Fabrics in the General Instructions.
- Using the pattern, cut one bottom from brown imitation suede. Cut four 13 x 7-1/2-inch side pieces from brown imitation suede. Cut two 13 x 5-inch pieces from plaid. Cut two handle stays 3 inches x inside width of handle plus 1 inch for seam allowance.
- Stitch one brown side piece to each side of the plaid fabric strips to create the front and back outer panels of the bag; press the seams open.
- Follow steps 3 through 5 of Assemble the Basic Tote in the General Instructions.
- Press each handle-stay piece under 1/2 inch along each 3-inch-long side and topstitch the edges. Wrap a handle stay around each handle. Stitch the handle stays to the center of the bag front and back, aligning raw edges of the bag and the handle stays and placing the handles as close to the seam allowance as possible; baste using a zipper foot on your sewing machine.
- Use a zipper foot to complete step 6 of the General Instructions, sewing as close to the handles as possible.
- Complete the bag by following steps 7 and 8 of Assemble the Basic Tote in the General Instructions.