- Sew together long edges of green print rectangles to make 13-1/2-x-20-1/2-inch bag rectangle. Press seam open.
- Join synthetic leather 1-1/2-x-20-1/2-inch strips to opposite edges of bag rectangle. Finger-press each seam toward fabric center; topstitch 1/8 inch from seam (Diagram 1).
Fold bag rectangle in half on seam line; sew together side edges (Diagram 2). Finger-press seams open.
- To shape flat bottom for bag, at one corner match bottom seam line to side seam line, creating a flattened triangle (Diagram 3). Measuring 2 1/8 inches from point of triangle, draw a 4-1/4-inch-long line across triangle. Sew on drawn line. Trim excess fabric. Repeat with remaining bottom corner to make bag body. Turn bag body right side out and finger-press.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, fuse 10-1/2-x-15-1/2-inch interfacing rectangle to wrong side of each light green print 10-1/2-x-15-1/2-inch lining rectangle. The interfacing gives the fabric more body and helps the bag retain its shape.
- Repeat Sew Bag, Step 1, with lining rectangles, leaving a 4-inch opening in seam, to make a 15-1/2-x-20-1/2-inch pieced lining rectangle. Press seam open.
- Repeat Sew Bag, Step 3, with pieced lining rectangle.
- Repeat Finish Bag, Step 1, to shape bottom corners of lining. Do not turn lining right side out.
- Insert bag body into lining, right sides together. Sew together around top edge.
- Turn bag body and lining to right side through opening in lining bottom seam. Topstitch opening closed. Push lining down into bag body and press upper edge of bag from lining side, taking care to avoid synthetic leather. Topstitch 3/16 inch from upper edge through all layers.
Center brad ring on bag synthetic leather strip, 3/8 inch from bag top edge (Diagram 4). Trace inner hole of ring on synthetic leather strip. Cut away marked hole, cutting through synthetic leather and lining at same time (use a seam ripper to make a small cut through all layers to start hole). Following manufacturer's directions, secure a brad ring to side edge of bag. Repeat to secure ring to opposite side edge.
Fold one long edge of synthetic leather 2-1/2-x-24-inch strip under 1 inch (Diagram 5). Finger-press under 1/2 inch along remaining long edge. Topstitch 1/4 inch from folded edges to make bag strap.
Insert one end of strap through brad ring and fold back 1 inch to underside of strap. Sew through all layers to secure strap (Diagram 6). Repeat with remaining strap end and brad ring.
Turn under edge of green print 2-inch-diameter circle; baste. Blanket-stitch fabric circle to center top of light green print lining, 1/4 inch from edge, leaving a 1-inch opening at top. Insert one half of magnetic snap closure into fabric circle pocket; blanket-stitch circle closed. Repeat with remaining green print circle and other half of closure on opposite side of lining.
- Sew together the clear vinyl 10-x-16-inch rectangles, along a pair of long edges to make a 10-x-12-inch rectangle.
- Fold rectangle in half on seam line; sew together side edges.
- Repeat Finish Bag, Step 1, to shape bottom corners of pouch. Do not turn pouch right side out.
- Referring to Diagram 7, trim top edges of pouch in a slight V-shape. Insert pouch into bag.