A trail of pastel eyelets leads to a fluttering butterfly on this beguiling card.
- Card stock: mint green, light blue, and yellow
- Sonburn pastel-checked patterned paper
- Butterfly embossing template
- Embossing stylus
- Paper Adventures pink vellum
- Two 1-1/2-inch lengths of Artistic Wire gold wire
- Impress Rubber Stamps items as follows: 1/8-inch blue, pink, and yellow eyelets; eyelet tool
- Doodle Cursive font
1. Cut an 8-1/2 x 5-1/2-inch rectangle from the green card stock; fold in half widthwise. Print a message onto the patterned paper; cut into a 3-1/2 x 4-7/8-inch rectangle, positioning the message toward the bottom right corner. Cut a 3-7/8 x 5-1/4-inch rectangle from the blue card stock. Set aside.
2. Emboss two butterflies onto the yellow card stock and one butterfly onto the vellum; cut out and trim. Glue the vellum butterfly to a yellow butterfly, gluing only in the center so the wings appear to flutter. Cut the center from the remaining yellow butterfly and glue to the center of the vellum butterfly. For antennas, coil one end of each piece of wire using the small end of the embossing stylus; trim the uncoiled ends to the desired length. Glue the antennas to the butterfly's head.
3. Place the butterfly near the top right corner of the patterned rectangle. With a pencil, lightly mark a trail for the eyelets. Using the eyelet tool, secure the eyelets along the trail. Glue the butterfly to the card front. Glue the patterned rectangle to the blue rectangle; then glue the blue rectangle to the card front.
Continued on page 2: Crazy for Daisies