Skill Level: Easy
Finished Measurements: Clutch measures approx 10 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
- Yarn: Lion Brand Landscapes (Art. 540) 50% wool, 50% acrylic; 1 3/4 oz. (50g); 55 yds. (50m); super bulky weight
- 3 skeins #275 Autumn Trails
- Size 13 (9 mm) knitting needles OR SIZE NEEDED TO OBTAIN GAUGE
- Size G/6 (4 mm) crochet hook
- Hook-and-loop fastener
- 1-1/2-inch-diameter button
Gauge: 8 sts = 4 inches (10 cm) in St st (knit RS rows, purl WS rows).
Take time to check your gauge.Instructions
Cast on 23 sts. Beg with a purl row, work St st to 18 inches from beg. Bind off loosely.
Fold clutch in thirds to create an envelope shape with a flap of 6 inches and a body height of 6 inches. Holding RS tog, crochet side seams. Piece will measure approx 6 inches tall and 12 inches wide before felting. Turn right side out.Felting
Refer to felting instructions in the link below. When felting is complete, shape and allow to dry.
Cut a triangle from each side of the clutch flap to create an envelope shape. Sew hook and loop fastener to center of flap and to matching position on clutch front. Sew button to center of flap.