What You Need:
Skill Level Easy
Finished Size Headband is 3 x 21 1/2 inches.
YarnsFlower Headband (left). See the story Striped Headband (right) for instructions.
- Lion Brand Cotton-Ease; 50% cotton, 50% acrylic; worsted weight; 3 1/2 ounces (100 grams), 207 yards.
- 1 ball #102 Bubblegum (MC)
- Small amount #144 Sugarplum (A)
- Small amount #158 Pineapple (B)
- Small amount #148 Popsicle (C)
Hooks and Extras
- Size E/4 (3.5 millimeters) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- 3 small purchased white pom-poms
- Sewing needle and thread
- Blunt-end yarn needle
- 3 1/2 shells and 10 rows = 4 inches (10 centimeters)
- Take time to check your gauge.
With MC, ch 14. Foundation Row: Sc in 2nd ch from hook; (sk next 2 ch, 5 dc in next ch, sk next 2 ch, sc in next ch) twice -- 2 Shells made; turn.
Row 1: Ch 3 -- counts as dc; 2 dc in first sc, sk next 2 dc, sc in next dc, sk next 2 dc, 5 dc in next sc, sk next 2 dc, sc in next dc, sk next 2 dc, 3 dc in last sc -- 2 partials and 1 complete shell made; turn.
Row 2 (RS): Ch 1, sc in first dc; (sk 2 dc, 5 dc in next sc, sk next 2 dc, sc in next dc) twice; turn.
Rep Rows 1 and 2 until work measures approx 21 1/2 inches, ending with Row 1; fasten off.
Sew first and last rows tog.
Flower (make 1 each of A, B, and C) Ch 3; join with sl st to form ring.
Rnd 1: Ch 1, work 10 sc in ring; join with sl st to first sc.
Rnd 2: Ch 2, dc in same st as last sl st; *in next sc work dc, ch 2, and sl st**, ch 2, dc in next sc; rep from * around, ending last rep at ** -- 5 petals; fasten off. Place a pom-pom in the center of each flower and sew them to headband in a grouping.
Design by Anna Mishka