Colorful Knit Ribbed Scarf
Add some casual flair to any outfit with this richly textured scarf.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need
- Lion Brand Kool Wool (Art. 380) 50% merino wool, 50% acrylic, 1 3/4 oz. (50 g); 60 yds. (55 m); chunky weight yarn
- 1 skein in each of the following 12 colors: #098 Ivory (A), #124 Khaki (B), #114 Denim (C), #153 Black (D), #146 Fuchsia (E), #109 Royal Blue (F), #149 Charcoal (G), #186 Melon (H), #130 Grass (I), #147 Eggplant (J), #113 Tomato (K), #125 Camel (L)
- Size 10 (6 mm) needles or size needed to obtain gauge
28 stitches and 15 rows = 4 inches (10 cm) over stitch pattern. TAKE TIME TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE!
Pattern Stitch: 3 x 3 RIB
Row 1 and all WS rows: P3, *k3, p3, rep from * to end of row.
Row 2 and all RS rows: K3, *p3, k3, rep from * to end of row. Repeat Rows 1-2 for pat.
1. With color A, loosely cast on 39 stitches and work 3 x 3 Rib pat for 36 rows. Attach color B and continue in pattern for 36 rows.
2. Continue working 36 rows of each color in alphabetical order.
3. Bind off in pattern. Weave in ends. (For a shorter scarf, choose your favorite colors and knit to desired length.)