Skill Level Intermediate
Finished Sizes Cardigan: 18 months (2 years). Shown in Size 18 months. When only one number is given, it applies to both sizes. Cap: One size
Finished Measurements Cardigan chest (buttoned) = 21 (23) inches Cardigan length = 10 1/2 (12) inches Cap = 17 inches around and 6 inches deep
- Lion Brand Cotton-Ease; 50% cotton, 50% acrylic; worsted weight; 3.5 ounces. (100 g), 207 yards.
- 2 (3) balls #101 Strawberry Cream (MC)
- 1 ball #102 Bubblegum (A)
- 1 ball #100 Vanilla (B)
- Small amount #169 Pistachio (C)
Hooks and Extras
- Size 7 (4.5 millimeters) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size G/6 (4.0 millimeters) crochet hook
- Blunt-end yarn needle
- 5 buttons, 1/2-inch diameter
- 15 sts and 9 rows = 4 inches (10 centimeters)
- Take time to check your gauge.
Notes: Body is worked in one piece to the armholes. Turning chain-2 does not count as a stitch.
Special Pattern Stitches
Ch 3, sl st into last st worked.
Hdc2tog (half double crochet 2 together)
Yo and draw up a lp in next st, draw up a lp in next st, yo and draw through all 4 lps on hook.
Hdc3tog (half double crochet 3 together)
Yo and draw up a lp in next st, draw up a lp in each of next 2 sts, yo and draw through all 5 lps on hook.