1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat.)
2. Back. ** Skirt: With larger hook and MC, ch 70 (76, 79, 85). Row 1 (RS): In 5th ch from hook work dc, ch 1 and dc -- beg V-st made); * sk next 2 ch, V-st in next ch; rep from * across; end sk ch, dc in last ch; turn -- 22 (24, 25, 27) V-sts made.
Row 2: Ch 4, dc in first dc -- counts as first V-st, * sk next dc and ch-1sp, V-st in next dc; rep from * across; end sk last V-st, work V-st in last dc; turn.
Row 3: Ch 3 -- counts as dc, sk next ch-1 sp; * work V-st in next dc, sk dc and ch-1 sp; rep from * across; end sk next dc and ch-1, work dc in 3rd ch of ch-3; turn. Rep Rows 2-3 for Pat. Work in Pat until work from beg measures approx 8.5 (10, 11, 12.5)"; end with WS row.
In the instructions that follow, the beg ch-2 always counts as firrst hdc of row.
3. Size 18 mo only. Dec Row: Ch 2, (sk next st, hdc in next st) 3 times. * Sk next st, hdc in next 2 sts, sk next st, hdc in next st; rep from * to last 2 sts, sk next st, hdc in last st; turn -- 44 hdc.
4. Sizes 12 mo, 2 and 4 only. Dec Row: Ch 2; * sk next st, hdc in next 2 sts, sk next st, hdc in next st; rep from * to last 2 (1, 2) st(s); sk next 1 (0, 1) st, hdc in last st; turn -- 41 (47, 50) hdc.
5. All Sizes. Next Row: Ch 2 , hdc in each hdc to end of row. Rep last row until work from beg measures approx 9.25 (11, 13, 14.5)" from beg; end with a WS row.
Continued on page 3: Instructions 6-8