Cozy Baby Blanket
Crochet alternating strips of alternating squares for this cozy chenille-like blanket that will easily become baby's favorite blankie.
- Patons Pixie; 100% nylon, chunky weight; 1.75 ounces (50 grams), 136 yards.
- 4 balls #03615 Sunny (MC)
- 3 balls #03717 Gelati (A)
Hooks and Extras
- Size H/8 (5.00 millimeters) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Blunt-end yarn needle
16 sts and 12 rows = 4 inches/10 centimeters
To change color in sc: With color in use, draw up a loop in stitch before color change. With new color, complete the sc.
1. Strip 1 (make 3). With MC, ch 22. Foundation Row (RS): Sc in 2nd ch from hook; * ch 1, sk ch, sc in next ch; rep from * across; turn -- 11 sc plus 10 chs. Row 1: Ch 1, sc in first sc; * sc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1; rep from * across; end sc in last ch-1 sp, sc in last sc; turn. Row 2: Ch 1, sc in first sc; * ch 1, sk sc, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * across; end ch 1, sc in last sc; turn. Rep Rows 1-2 for Pat. Work 15 more rows in Pat, joining A at end of last row. With A, work 18 rows in Pat, joining MC at end of last row. (Continue in this fashion, working 18 rows of MC, than 18 rows of A) twice. Fasten off.
2. Strip 2 (make 2). With A, ch 22. Work like Strip 1, using A for first 18 rows and MC for next 18 rows. Alternating colors, work Strip 2 length to match Strip 1.
3. Finishing. Sew Strips together, alternating the color sequence.
4. Edging. Rnd 1: With RS facing, join MC with sl st in any corner st, ch 1, in same st work (sc, ch 3 and sc). * Ch 1, sk st, sc in next st; rep from * to next corner st; ch 1, in same st work (sc, ch 3 and sc); rep from * around; end ch 1; join with sl st to first sc.
Rnd 2: Sl st in next ch-3 sp, ch 1, in same sp work (sc, ch 3 and sc). * Ch 3, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * around, working (sc, ch 3 and sc in each ch-3 corner sp); join with sl st to first sc.
Rnds 3-4: Sl st into ch-3 sp, in same sp work (sc, ch 3 and sc). * Ch 3, sc in next ch-3 sp; rep from * around, working (sc, ch 3 and sc in each corner ch-3 sp); join. At end of Rnd 4 fasten off MC and join A to first sc.
Rnd 5: Sl st in next ch-3 sp, ch 1, sc in same st as sl st; ch 3, sl st in 2nd ch from hook -- Picot made; ch 1, sc in same st. * Ch 1, work Picot, ch 1, sc in next ch-3 sp; rep from * around; join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.