Skill Level: Intermediate
Sizes Instructions are written for the smallest size (S) with changes for larger sizes (M, L) given in parentheses. When only one number is given, it applies to all sizes.
This is a close-fitting garment at bodice that stretches to fit actual bust measurement of 34 (38, 42) inches. Hips = 35 (40, 45) inches Length = 19 (19-1/2, 20) inches from top of bodice to lower edge. (Length can be adjusted by positioning of straps.)Yarn
- Cool Crochet from Bernat (Art. 161074) 70% cotton, 30% nylon; 1-3/4 oz. (50 g); 200 yds. (182 m); DK weight
- 5 (6, 7) balls #745005 Crisp White
- Size E/4 (3.5 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
- 1 yard of 2-1/2-inches-wide cream silk ribbon
- Blunt-end yarn needle
- 122 hdc or 11 (dc and ch-1) mesh = 4 inches (10 cm).
- 16 rows = 5 inches (16 cm) in Petal pat.
- 7 scallops = 8 inches (20 cm); 14 rows = 4 inches (10 cm) in Scallop pat. Take time to check your gauge.
- Sc2tog: Draw up a lp in each of the next 2 sts, yo and draw through all lps on hook.
3-dc cluster: (yo, insert hook, yo and draw up a lp, yo and draw through 2 lps on hook) 3 times in specified st, yo and draw through all lps on hook.Notes
When working cluster into a previous cluster, you will be reaching back with your hook. Be sure to insert hook from front to back under 2 top lps of previous cluster.
Torso of garment is made in one piece; short ends are joined to form a tube. Bodice is added along one side edge of the tube; lower edging is added at opposite edge of tube. Straps are made separately and sewn in position to desired length.