These far-out magnets can spell out any message you like.
What You'll Need:For space-age signals, add magnets to wooden disks.
- Acrylic paints: light blue, dark blue, teal, green, metallic silver, and orange
- 1-1/2-inch-diameter flat wooden disks (available at crafts supply stores in the woodworking section)
- 5/8-inch-tall alphabet stamp kit
- Permanent black ink stamp pad
- White crafts glue
- 1/2-inch-diameter circle magnets
- Spray varnish
1. Base-coat the wooden disks in the desired colors. Let dry; add a second coat if necessary.
2. Stamp a letter in the center of each disk, using the permanent ink pad. (If you like, leave some disks unstamped. Paint them with simple designs, like stars or circles.)
3. Glue a magnet to the center back of each finished disk. Spray each top side with a coat of varnish.