Trimmed with scrapbook papers, decorative eyelets, and a clay butterfly, this charming box will never get lost among the clutter.
What You Need:Everyone would welcome a box for organizing--especially one that is as delightful as this!
- Small photo storage box in solid color
- Scrapbook papers to coordinate with box
- Crafts knife
- Glue stick
- Floral stickers or decorative scrapbooking photo corners
- Decorative eyelets, such as flowers and hearts (available in scrapbooking stores)
- Paper punch
- Eyelet tool
- Clay in black and green or other desired color
- Wire in black or other dark color
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
1. Using the box lid as a guide, cut the papers to fit the lid top. Glue the papers together using a glue stick. Glue the papers on the lid. Add a sticker to each corner.
2. To add eyelets on the lid sides, measure and make a mark every 1/2 inch. Use a paper punch to make a hole over each mark. Using an eyelet tool, add an eyelet to every hole.
3. To make butterfly, form two marble-size clay balls and two slightly larger balls. Flatten each ball. Press the edges of the two large clay balls together to make the wing tops. Press the edges of the two small clay balls together for the wing bottoms. Press the tops and bottoms together. Roll a marble-size ball from black clay. Shape into a rope for the butterfly body. Press into place.
4. Fold the wire in half. Shape each end into a coil. Press the antennae into the top of the butterfly's head. Press eyelets into wings to make dots. Place the butterfly on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Bake according to the manufacturer's directions. Let cool.
5. Hot-glue the butterfly to the center of the box lid. Add two or three floral stickers by the butterfly.