A Girl's Secret Journal
Made with felt and a store-bought notebook, this flowery gem looks like a journal -- until you open the cover! Hide your tiny treasures and notes inside.
continue reading below
What You Need:But at night, it turns into a secret cache.
- 6-inch-square spiral notebook; crafts knife
- 3/16-inch-wide green ribbon
- Scrapbook paper: magenta with white dots
- Thick white crafts glue
- 1/2 yard of 3/8-inch-wide magenta satin ribbon
- Scissors; pinking shears
- Adhesive-backed felt: light blue and magenta
- Paper daisies (available at scrapbook stores)
- On the first page, center and draw a 4-inch square. Ask an adult to cut out this square through all notebook pages using a ruler and a crafts knife. Tie green ribbon into bows around the cut layers at the top, side, and bottom.
- Cut and glue scrapbook paper to fit inside the back cover. Glue last page of tied pages to the back cover.
- Cut magenta ribbon in half for ties; glue in place.
- With pinking shears, cut a square of blue felt and a smaller square of magenta felt; press to cover. Make flowers from circles of blue felt and scrapbook paper with ribbon stems; add to cover. Add daisy centers.