What You Need:
- Large rocks
- Acrylic paints
- Sponge (optional)
- Toothbrush (optional)
- Sponge brush
- Water-base nontoxic gloss exterior varnish
- Make sure rocks are clean. Paint clean rocks in assorted colors. Give the rocks a second or third coat of paint if necessary. For fun, paint a separate rock pink or red to use for a forked tongue.
- Decorate rocks with stripes, dots, sponging, or spattering using a paintbrush, sponge, or toothbrush. Or write the letters of your name on individual rocks.
- Paint eyes and a grin on the rock that's the snake's head.
- Using a sponge brush, apply varnish to the rocks. Arrange the rocks in a line to resemble a snake.