What You Need:
- Tracing paper
- 9 1/4x12-inch sheets of lightweight copper
- Crafts foam: orange and yellow
- Sparkling modeling wire mesh
- 3/16-inch hole punch
- Copper wire: 16- and 24-gauge
- Wire cutters
- Golf tees
- Two green pony beads
- Two orange pony beads
- Two green chenille stems
- Trace patterns onto tracing paper. (see link below) Cut them out.
- Trace patterns onto copper sheets, crafts foam, and wire mesh and cut out as follows: from copper, two grasshopper wings and one ladybug wings; from yellow crafts foam, one dragonfly wings, one firefly body; from orange crafts foam, one ladybug body; from wire mesh, firefly wings; from pink crafts foam, one butterfly body.
Punch 3/16-inch holes in cutout pieces as indicated on the patterns, folding wings and bodies in half to reach inaccessible areas.
- Cut a long piece of 16-gauge (the thicker) copper wire; wrap it around a pencil to make a long coil. Slip the pointed end of a golf tee through the bottom two or three coils, then tighten those coils around the tee. Repeat to make one for each flower marker.
Continued on page 2: