What You Need:
- Bright outdoor latex paints in desired colors, such as aqua, lime green, lavender, pink, yellow, and orange
- White picket fence (found at home improvement center)
- Old clothes and shoes
- Disposable plates
- Two different-size round stamping sponges that have handles
- Choose bright colors that look pretty when mixed together. On this fence, the kids used aqua, lime green, lavender, pink, yellow, and orange.
- Begin with a clean, dry fence and wear old clothes and shoes. Using a different brush for each color, paint two or three colors on one piece of the fence. Then use a clean paintbrush to blend the colors together. Do this until the fence piece is completely painted. Let it dry.
- Pour a little white paint onto a disposable plate. Holding the handle, dip the larger round stamping sponge into the paint and press onto the fence to create circular flowers. Let the paint dry.
- Pour a little yellow paint onto a disposable plate. Holding the handle, dip the smaller round stamping sponge into the paint and onto the center of the white flowers to create circular flower centers. Paint green stems. Let the paint dry.