1. (Ask an adult for a helping hand with this project.) Glue the suede paper to the polyfoam. Let the glue dry. Use the template and swivel knife to cut four 2-1/2-inch-tall apples.
2. Cut four pairs of leaves from the silk flowers, leaving a short stem. Glue the leaves to the upper back of the apples. Punch 1/16-inch holes in the left and right edges of the apples 1 inch down from the top and 1/4 inch from the edge.
3. Cut four 6-inch-long pieces of green wire. Set the apples out in a line. Connect three of the apples by threading a wire through the holes from the back to the front. Leaving a pinkie-finger's width between apples, wrap the ends of each wire around a pencil to coil it. Remove the pencil. Twist the coiled ends of each wire together. Do not connect the first apple to the last one yet.
4. Wrap the apples around the pint fruit jar. Thread the last wire through the remaining holes. Twist the wire together so the apples are snug on the jar. Coil the ends of the last wire around a pencil and remove the pencil. Use strands of natural and red raffia to tie a bow around the neck of the jar.
1. (Ask an adult for a helping hand with this project.) Use the apple template to cut one 1-1/2-inch-tall apple out of both polyfoam and suede paper.
2. Cut one 5-inch-long piece of green wire. Cut one small leaf from the silk flower. To make the stem, fold the wire 1-1/2-inches from the end and twist that end of the wire together. Shape the remaining wire to fit on the back of the leaf, twisting the extra wire together at the bottom. See the photo above.
3. Glue the silk flower leaf to the front of the wire leaf shape.
4. Fold the pencil topper die-cut along the lines and glue it together at the bottom. Glue the apple to the front of the pencil topper. Slip a pencil through the holes. Or, use a pencil to trace the pencil topper pattern onto tracing paper. Cut out the pattern and trace it onto the card stock. Cut out the topper shape. Punch the holes for the pencil as shown on the pattern. Fold and glue together as for the die-cut.
Download our free Pencil Topper pattern. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat.)
Accu-Cut Systems 1035 E. Dodge St. Fremont, NE 68025 800-288-1670 www.accucut.com