What You Need:
materials, this pint-size book
is filled with loving sentiments.
- 1 sheet of dark green textured card stock
- 3 sheets of light green and cream card stock
- 1 sheet of cream handmade paper
- Wire modeling mesh
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
- Cutting mat
- Scissors or craft knife
1. Cut two 5-3/4 x 7-3/4-inch rectangles from both the dark and light green card stocks. Glue a piece of dark green card stock to a piece of light green card stock to make the front cover. Repeat to make the back cover. Machine-stitch around the edges of the piece you'll use as the front cover.
2. To make a pocket on the inside back cover, cut a rectangle of light green card stock to 5-3/4 x 3-1/2 inches and tear the top edge. Lay it on top of the light green side of the unstitched rectangle, matching the bottom corners. Hold together and machine-stitch around the edges.
3. Stack the two stitched rectangles so that the light green card stock is on the inside. Stitch the left sides together 1/16 inch in from the edge. Fold open and lay flat.
make the book for other occasions.
4. Trim two sheets of light green card stock to 11 x 7-1/2 inches. Measure and lightly mark the vertical center line. Score on the line for folding. Decorate the inside pages as desired. Stack the sheets inside the cover papers and machine-stitch down the center fold line. Fold book closed.
5. To finish the cover, cut or tear a rectangle of handmade paper to 3-1/4 x 7-3/4 inches. Fold in half lengthwise, open, and adhere around the spine of the book. Cut wire mesh to 1-1/2 x 7-3/4 inches and adhere on top of the handmade paper. Add embellishments as desired.