- 15-inch-square Royal Classic napkin
- 13 x 18-inch 14-count ivory Royal Classic place mat
- Sewing thread
- Cotton embroidery floss
1. Download the free pattern for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
2. Use sewing thread to baste a 3 x 3 1/2-inch rectangle in the bottom left corner of the place mat or napkin 2-inch in from the fringed edges. Use three plies of floss to work the stitches over one square of the fabric unless otherwise specified.
3. Beginning at the bottom left corner of the basted square, stitch a 2-by-2 cross-stitch square with Black-brown floss (DMC 3371). Stitch two rows of 2-by-2 squares along the bottom and left edges of the basted square with ten squares in each row.
4. Center and stitch the Hen chart in the basted square. Remove the basting thread and press the finished place mat or napkin from the back.
Continued on page 2: Cross-Stitch for All Seasons Magazine